Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baileys Tiramisu

Was this the end of my indulgent cooking,  I wondered? My husband informed me that he was thinking of joining the new gym that has just opened up down the road. No more sweet things during the week...oh how was I to live this way? Desserts, or a super buff husband? Tough choice, I found myself thinking. But a buff hubby does sound pretty good.
I'll just have to sneak the baking away in the cupboard to help him avoid the temptation. No one's stopping me getting chunky! Okay, not chunky, but I do have a rather large protuberance at the moment in my belly region. I have a gorgeous bun in the oven, and it insists on being iced.
Mind you, last pregnancy with my son Ben was similar, craving wise. Now he's a real sugar belly. Ah what have I done! Maybe I should stop baking? Oh my life is flashing before me!


BAILEYS TIRAMISU (adapted from http://www.taste.com.au/)

2 cups strong black coffee
1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
3 eggs, separated
1/3 cup caster sugar
250g mascarpone
300ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
1 large packet of sponge fingers (savoiardi)
cocoa, for dusting
Extra cream for decorating

Pour coffee and Baileys into a shallow dish and set aside.
Beat egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until pale and thick. Add the mascarpone and whipped cream, mixing gently until just combined.


Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
Dip enough biscuits into the coffee mixture to cover the base of a 19cm square ceramic dish. Cover the biscuits with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers 2 times, ending with the cream mixture. If you desire, whip a little extra cream and pipe onto the top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Dust generously with cocoa and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar, Sugar...