Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Butterscotch Self-Saucing pudding

If someone came into your house unannounced, what would they see? If they came into my house they would undoubtedly see food...firstly, a trail of foody little hand-prints over some of the furniture, thanks to the small man of the house. Then Mummy's mess in the kitchen. Yes, it always looks like a bomb has gone off in there. Its not that it doesn't get cleaned, its just as soon as it's clean I'm cooking again and there's another pile of dishes to be done and benches to be re-wiped...floors to be re-swept and that highchair...seems to be a food factory! I once heard someone quote "a clean kitchen is a sign of a wasted life." I wonder...anyway, here's something that recently came to live on my refrigerator. Did it create itself from the kitchen mess? We will never know.


I'm sure my husband comes home sometimes and wonders what the dickens happened all day because the house looks worse than when he left in the morning. Have I been sitting on my little derriere all day eating bonbons and ice-cream and watching chick flicks while the cat and baby run riot? He still smiles, kisses me and asks how my day was and how the babies are. What a lucky woman I am! He never complains. Besides, more often than not, there's something scrumptious waiting for him in the kitchen.
Butterscotch pudding anyone?
This recipe is a family favourite. My mum used to make it in a large casserole tray and we would all go crazy for it when we knew it was coming up as dessert. The best thing is, its super simple and super delicious--just my type of recipe!



BUTTERSCOTCH SELF SAUCING PUDDING

1 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2oz melted butter (4 tbsp)
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. golden syrup
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 oz butter, extra (2tbsp)

Mix together flour, sugar, salt and melted butter and milk in the pudding dish until smooth.
In a separate bowl, combine water, extra butter and syrup and stir until well combined and the butter has melted. Pour over the top of the pudding mixture. Cook at 180C for 30-25 minutes until golden. Serve with cream or ice-cream.
Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar, Sugar...